Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finally, Political Spots Begin Death Rattle

For the first time in a month, I turned on live local TV news this morning.  I turned it off when the first spot break aired.

Watching Las Vegas television news lately has become a lot like a chef watching people eat dirt;  you can't understand why people would knowingly, eagerly consume filth with no nutritional value.

 “We have a joke around here,” said Lisa Howfield, the general manager of KSNV, the NBC station. “Pretty soon we’re going to have such long commercial breaks that people are going to tune in and all they’ll hear is: ‘Hello, welcome to News 3. And goodbye.’ ”

Maybe it's because I live in Las Vegas, where there's a huge disparity between the billionaires who support one candidate and their hourly workers who do not.

But I will be so glad to see the end of the hateful, lying, irresponsible ads which pollute our airwaves.


Update:  I voted.  For 60 seconds, I had as much power as the billionaires.

Final Update on November 8th: Actually, turns out I had more power than the billionaires for those 60 seconds.  Money can't buy you everything, Sheldon. The power of  honest peons like me, in mass, is what you fear. 




















No comments: