Thursday, May 11, 2017

NBC Upfront Monday; Schedule Will Leak Over Weekend

This will be my 18th consecutive year to be responsible for quickly estimating the demographic audience appeal of the new fall season NBC announces each year during upfronts. 

A decade ago, confidential leaks were made to sales management at local stations hours (or even days) before the announcements were made in Manhattan on Monday.  Several times in the last decade, most of the programs were announced on the Friday before..  in other words, what would be tomorrow, this year.

But I anticipate so much other Friday news dumping to go on out of Washington that we'll not see hints of NBC's 2017-2018 Primetime lineup until the weekend, probably Sunday.

When I'm confident of my sources, my client will get a preliminary SWAG Fourth Quarter and First Quarter planner to show what I believe that schedule will produce in demographic rating points.

Until that happens, I'll continue my project this week of another massive update to the TRC, Ltd. computer infrastructure and the complexities of HDCP 2.2 DRM.

No comments: