Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Attention: NBC Stations.. There's Good News In Nov11 PAVs

Because I've been working with NBC Sports and Nielsen ratings for the past 13 years, I've had to accept the convention NBC used to title their sports specials for Nielsen use. You know, the ever so helpful

"NBC SPT SP 4/24
"NBC SPT SP 5/8B..."

Back when I was the RD for a group of NBC stations, I told NBC that no other broadcast network hid the content of their required weekend programming in this way, and it made the accurate planning, purchase and posting of these sports specials virtually impossible.

Like nearly everything I do, I pleaded for a change with such a passion, Maria Enriquez said "Wow, you're really angry about this."

Well, starting in October of 2011, NBC changed, and for the good.

Here are some of the NBC sports specials titles as submitted to and used by Nielsen for October and November:

GYM-WRLD-10/15
SKATE AMR10/22
AUTMN-KEEN-NBC
GYM-WRLD-10/16
RUGBY-CUP-NBC
RUGBY-FNL-NBC
DIAMND LGE-NBC
ISU-FG SKT11/5
NBC SKT SP11/6
ISU-FG SKT11/13
NBC SK SP11/13

Now, isn't this a little easier to understand?

No comments: